Image Map

Grab My Lovely Button

Lovely Blogs

laughterandgrace.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com
DIY Show Off
Making
Art Therapy



Sunday, May 20, 2012

The List......................


Each new day is bringing with it another reason to
enjoy this season in my life.  My hubby and I
always make "the good/the bad" lists when facing
 hard decisions or things in our lives that can't be
changed.  He knows how very literal and visual I am...
and this is a way that I can see on black and white
 the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY all at the
same time. Each time we go through trials or changes
 or have to make a big life-changing decision, he
always says..."It's going to be alright baby! God's
 got this too....He has NEVER let us down." I have
 such a strong faith, yet I am the one who is
ALWAYS the doubter or the one fretting!

As I sat playing bunco with the girls last night....
I began thinking about our "list" and the
"GOOD" side got another item added.When I was
working, my RA had gotten so bad that all I COULD or
WANTED to do was come home and crawl in the bed as
 soon as I entered the door after school. TODAY I had
 two things on my calendar.... a senior brunch for
 a sweet friend of the family and bunco.  I know that my
 body can not do both.....so speak with my daughter
and decide to take her friend out next week.....
I went and rolled the dice for 3 hours. I enjoyed every
 laugh, conversation, every smile on each face.....
I soaked them up! After being in solitary confinement
 for 3 months (had to stay home due
 to white blood count being 2.5...or wear a mask
 if I left home...NOT REALLY IN PRISON..
.but home bound) I spend more time making sure
 to recognize and savor the things around me that
God has blessed us with, things like being able to
watch my friends just being silly~ these things I will
now etch in my memory .....and count it all  a blessing!!
I was taking all of the "little" things God has blessed us
 with.....SO MANY ...and just taking them..... for granted!
I am thankful for each and every moment that He sends
 a blessing through the chirp of a bird, the soft touch of
my kittens tail on my skin, the "name that tune" games
I play with my husband, the texts from my children....
I could go and on.....even thanking Him for sending me
home at this time..... because the list of "GOOD"
 reasons from this long-term disability retirement
 is outweighing  the "BAD".....HE IS MIGHTY INDEED!!

 "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."
 Exodus 14:14

"The LORD your God is with you, e is mighty to save.
 He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
 He will rejoice over you with singing."
 Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment